It was a beautiful morning for a fresh start and that’s precisely what Wednesday morning was for staff and faculty at the Gananda Central School District.
Superintendent Dr. Shawn Van Scoy welcomed teachers and staff at the Ruben A. Cirillo High School auditorium, which started with a yogurt bar to kick off a day of training and activity ahead of Wednesday night’s district Open House.
“It’s exciting to have everybody back,” said Dr. Van Scoy. “The energy level is incredible and it’s fun to reminisce and see what everyone did over the summer while looking forward to what we’re going to do this year.”
Among the Wednesday highlights:
- 39 new staff members were introduced.
- Recognition of staff members celebrating 15 and 20 years of service with the district.
- Dr. Van Scoy addressed district vision and priorities for 2023-24.
- Training sessions for LGBTQ+ inclusion through Trillium Health.
- Narcan training.
- Building and department meetings.