- Online Instruction will begin on Monday, March 23.
- Parent/Guardian At-Home Academic Guide: The Parent/Guardian At-Home Academic Support Guide is to help provide a better understanding of the types of activities your students may participate in through our school closure. Teachers will communicate and provide activities for our students, but this will provide you with a background about some of the options of learning from home.
- Assistance with Digital Access: If you do not currently have access to internet service, please reach out to the district office at: 315-986-3521 ext. 8-4313.
- Gananda Digital System Cheat Sheet
- Schoology: Schoology offers students a robust learning platform that puts assignments, materials, and grades in one location. With the Schoology mobile app, due dates and assignment materials are at their fingertips. Teachers can review student work and provide feedback through the system. As a parent, you are able to view your child’s activity within the platform. This will be essential if we need to go to an online learning platform due to a long-term closing. Parent Login and Information about Schoology can be found on our website. Student Login for Schoology is also on our website, but is different as it is linked directly to a student's Google Account.
- ABC Mouse: ABCmouse.com is offering free access with code "AOFLUNICEF" during the school closure. Adventure Academy (3rd - 8th grade) can be accessed with code "SCHOOL7771."
Breakfast and Lunch Program:
Gananda Mental Health Helpline:
In an effort to support students who may be struggling with the impacts of school closure and events taking place related to the COVID-19 virus, starting Monday, March 23rd there will be a Gananda mental health faculty member available via phone from 9:00-11:00 AM and 12:00-2:00 PM Monday through Friday.
To access this resource, please follow these steps:
- Dial (315)986-3521, press 8 and then dial 4401
- Please leave your name, your student’s name, grade level, phone number (including area code) and a brief description of your needs
Within 30 minutes of your phone call, you will receive a return phone call from a Gananda mental health faculty member offering support and resources. If you call outside the designated times, you will receive a call back after 9:00 AM the following morning or the following Monday if the call is after 2:00 PM on Friday .
Please note: you will not be able to request a specific staff member. This is not an academic support line. You should contact your student’s teacher(s) directly for any academic questions or concerns.
This is not the appropriate number to call if you are having a mental health emergency. If you are having a mental health emergency, please call 911, the National Mobile Crisis Support Center at 211 and/or your primary care physician.
- All buildings will be locked and inaccessible at the end of the day on Tuesday, March 17 until re-opening on Tuesday, April 14. If you need assistance in obtaining an item, please contact your child's school directly to make arrangements. Only essential items will be addressed.
- All district facilities (track,playground, basketball courts, etc.) will be locked and off limits as part of our
social distancing procedures starting Tuesday, March 17 at 4pm.
Athletics and Extracurricular Activites:
Talking to Children About Covid-19:
Other helpful websites for information: